Friday, August 16, 2019

Computer Down


There's a saying known as Murphy's Law, "If it can go wrong, it probably will." And this week, Murphy was in full force for the Newser.

A week ago, the computer of yours truly would not start. Taking it too the shop, a couple days later I was told the machine was busted, save for the hard drive. For the first time since 2007, I was without a machine, at all. The old Mac I used to have as backup had also given up the ghost years ago.

So I went about the process of getting a new computer. Second Life can't use just any machine as it prefers certain graphics cards. I recall one friend who got a new machine, only to find the virtual world's viewer actually ran slower than on her old computer that was several years old. And on some computers, the viewers just won't work at all.

As of now, the computer still has yet to arrive. I'm still able to get on Second Life itself through the computer of someone I know. But for some reason I can't update the Newser on it. So that meant I had to wait to get access to a machine that's harder to get to.

So until the new machine finally arrives and is all ready and set up, that means the updates will be a bit sporadic. But as you can see, updating we are. Hopefully by Monday things will be more or less back to normal

Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment