Monday, March 29, 2021

Reader Submitted: SL Video: "A Blake Sea 360 in Second Life (built by LDPW)"

 

 (Click here if the video fails to play)

 From Erik Mondrain on March 22, "As yet another experiment in virtual cinematography (and as a nice way to relax), here is a leisurely, 360-degree panning shot that I did while floating in Second Life's Blake Sea—with my draw distance cranked up to 600 meters. The EEP Sky preset that I used while filming was [TOR] HORROR - Bloody moon. I also tweaked things a bit in my video editor, mainly in order to reduce color banding and to make the sky feel a little more vibrant, and a little less grim, than the name of that aforementioned preset would suggest. Located in Blake Sea - Hawser: (169/228/21). For more info about the LDPW (Linden Department of Public Works) and about the Blake Sea, check out the description for "escape," the second video in my MFA Thesis series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMdXU... My fox avatar was designed by Liam Roark of Luskwood (https://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Luskwood) and is sold by Luskwood Creatures. And it floats thanks to Conrad Aluveaux's indispensable Swimmer HUD Filmed on Linux with the Firestorm Viewer and SimpleScreenRecorder and using a SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse. Edited with Kdenlive."


No comments:

Post a Comment