Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gallery 1 at Palais Orleans


You probably recall a few weeks ago I wrote about the reopening of the newly built Palais Orleans Gallery in Gardenia Islands  ( http://slnewserdesign.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-new-palais-orleans.html ). At the time Morgana Nagorski  put her works in all three galleries there temporarily. Now Gallery 1 has an exhibit I know you will want to visit. It is called "The Weirdo and I" and is thought provoking. 

 It displays the works of two artists, which will be the theme of Gallery 1 from now on, Maloe Vansant and Burk Bode. These are  exotic and introspective pieces. Read the poem on the wall, "The Weirdo and I," which will give you a clue to the pieces,  I think.
A question in the poem poses, “How much of my inner weirdo can I show to the outside?” Something to ponder. Some of the pieces will require a lot of thought .... in the eye of the beholder. 
The exhibit runs for about two weeks,  so make sure to put it on your list.  http://slurl.com/secondlife/Gardenia%20Islands/125/77/2501
Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment