Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sydney Animal Parade

By Gemma Cleanslate
 Wow did I have fun Saturday!!! I got an invitation to be part of a performance. Trill Zapatero send me the invite so I dove into my closet and decided to go as a keel billed toucan, one of my favorite avatars since I have seen that bird in Costa Rica.
I took off early to be sure to be in the region at the start. The performance began in Sidney, Australia. More and more fantastic animal avatars arrived, grunting, snorting, cawing, and gathered to wait for the parade. It was the recreation of the run of the animals across the Brooklyn Bridge, as seen in the movie “12 Monkeys,” a science fiction movie of the 90's. 
After a while and a lot of animal banter, we began the run down the stairs and into the underground tunnel roads of Sidney, and off onto the bridge across the bay directed by a lovely vaporous lacy squid by the name of Blueberry Blintz, who is Vanneeesa Blaylock.  It was a great run! 
We all escaped, though I was caught in the wall of the underground tunnel for a bit,  to return again. It was a great experience being THE performance!! I have some pictures of the varied avatars that showed up. Loved it all!! I joined the group so as not to miss any more fun!
Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment