Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Second Friends Social Network Closing Down


With Facebook having a less than friendly policy toward account users whom would prefer to use their online name rather than their legal real-life name, some Second Life users have sought alternatives. Among then was "Second Friends," created by musician Mankind Tracer (real-life name Seth Regan). But last week on March 14, Seth announced he was no longer keeping it running. It's Facebook group however would remain.


My Dear Second Friend,

I have decided after a bunch of years to close down Second Friends. I want to thank you personally for helping create our wonderful SL community on the SF social network.

If you would like to stay in touch with other members, please join the Second Friends group on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/groups/secondfriend/


Seth asked people to download any pictures or videos from the site that they wanted to keep before it went down.  He stated he may open another network in the future.

Be well my dear Second Friend. I hope to see you in Second Life where I plan on starting up my live shows again very soon. ... I sign out for the final time here on Second Friends.

Second Friends boasted about 3800 users.

No comments:

Post a Comment