Friday, February 14, 2020

Announcement: This Saturday at The Science Circle - "Fire and Rain"


"Fire and Rain"

Saturday February 15

8AM to 8:30 AM SL time

“Oh, I’ve seen fire and I’ve seen rain,
I’ve seen sunny days that I thought would never end,
I’ve seen lonely times when I could not find a friend,
But I always thought I’d see you again.”

In 2019, too many places on Earth suffered extreme drought and horrible wildfires while other places were deluged by severe rainstorms and floods.  We all hope that none of us ever experiences a fire maelstrom for real, or intense rainstorms that damp them. Yet having at least a touch of a visceral sense of what these would be gives more meaning and understanding to data such as those that Dr. Keith Grant shared with us in his excellent presentation a few weeks ago.

One of the unique qualities of Second Life is that we can construct immersive spaces that provoke a sense of being there, of experiencing. For this purpose we have build a fire burnout. Dramatic experiences inform thinking and conversation. Please join me on Saturday, February 15, don some fire fighting equipment and let’s get started.

Linda Morris Kelley (Delia Lake in SL)

To read more, Click Here

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Science%20Circle/122/137/3002

No comments:

Post a Comment