Friday, June 4, 2021

BREAKING NEWS: Linden Lab Announces CEO Ebbe Altberg Has Died

 

Ebbe Altberg, Linden Lab's CEO, is gone. He passed away on the afternoon of Thursday June 3.

This afternoon, Patch Linden posted the news on the official blog:

As I am here before you today, it is with profound sadness that I share with you Ebbe passed away yesterday evening restfully and surrounded by the love of his family. 

I commit to all of you to carry forward with our mission of making Second Life the biggest, best, most vibrant virtual world that there ever can be.  Together, myself, Grumpity, and Brett, along with Oberwolf at the helm and the entire team, our mission is clear.  To grow Second Life and to ensure the Residents in Second Life continue to be respected and happy.

No cause of death was listed. Ebbe was in his mid-fifties.

Stay tuned for further details.

5 comments:

  1. Terrible. Way too young. Condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace. Love and Happy Memories of your Loved ones lost. Way too young...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank you sir, for realizing what SL is and not trying to beat it into being something else. May the lord bless and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope we build a memorial for him in Bellisseria - one that we could leave notecards inside. I got to meet him in person. A kind and generous man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SL DJS AND HOSTS H.O.F sends our condolences, I spoke to Ebbe a few times. He always listened and tried to answer any questions. I wish his SL/RL family, peace, joy and happiness in the memories that our loves one leave with us after they past on. Stars like Ebbe will always shine the brightest.

    ReplyDelete