Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Owner of Free Dove Store, Palomma Casanova, Has Died

 
Sad news for fans of the Free Dove store. It's founder and owner, Palomma Casanova, has passed away. Dolleen McMillan, one of the store team, posted the following:

It is with great sadness and pain that I have to announce you that Palomma Casanova left us on Saturday January 14 after a long illness. This is a shock to me and a huge loss. She fought her illness with all the energy she had and endured the pain very bravely. Her passion for her work and for helping others was admirable.

Of the store's future, Dolleen explained it will be closing.

When the subject of her eventual departure was brought up, Palomma's response was that Free Dove would POOOOF when it was over for her. Free Dove was her baby, the vehicle that allowed her to express her love of people and her willingness to help them, but she didn't want it to outlive her. She had created Free Dove in 2006 and when she left, her group had reached nearly 150,000 members, a rare achievement. We will remember her as the generous woman who dedicated 17 years of her life to SL citizens.

I have no idea when Free Dove will disappear. In the meantime, I have blocked all payment boxes for Free Dove shops, I am unable to refund your last payments, but your shops can remain in place until the end comes.

 
Dropping by the store in Gallii on the mainland, the place was full of shoppers. At first the sim was full, so I had to wait to get in. As the day went on, there would be more post in the group, paying tribute to Palomma.
 
 
Update: For the blog, check here: https://thefreedove.com/
 
 Hat Tip: Mato (Matoazma Kazyanenko)

Bixyl Shuftan

8 comments:

  1. I loved her and will one day meet in heaven , Fly my Dove be with your sister. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry such a huge loss

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad, this shop really made my start in SL in 2007, maybe one of the factors that actually made me stay online. May she rest in peace and condolences to her family

    ReplyDelete
  4. When i was new creator met her. She gave me place for i add my items which i want give free. She was so helpful, nice and kind person whole those years we both were friend ♥ i will miss you my dear friend ♥ R.I.P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I met her in Active Worlds/Ohio United back around 2000. Neither of us were from Ohio but they were a nice group of people and we became good friends. She and I liked to chase the next VR world and so migrated to There.com and eventually SecondLife where she really excelled. I am so saddened and yet happy for her that she is no longer in pain. I truly will Miss You old friend. May you rest in peace and condolences to your family. ~Justen 'Cassidy'

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I loved free dove,, it was just awesome,, may her soul rest in peace, ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™She was the best

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find The Free Dove Store Freebies is a great place for new residents and other people. It will be sad when it soon disappear! I was shock that the owner passed away. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for being a friend to all of us, new and old. Rest in peace, lovely dove! - DeepBlueJoy

    ReplyDelete