As word of Rita Mariner's passing spread last Sunday and Monday, well wishes came around. There were numerous short comments from many, but some stood out. Among the usually quiet Sunbeamers, Logi WIldSpirit Arizona (logan Weder), "Rest in Paradise, Dear Rita, you are at peace now." Rififi Resident, "... I've wandering alone in Rita's huge mansion ... listening to the echoes. The echoes now sound even more hollow."
Zidders Roofurry (Zidaya Zenovka) would say, "I just wanted to offer my condolences to all. While it's been a long time since I last spoke to Rita when I first came to SL she was kind, warm, and welcoming in her own way. I appreciated it a lot as well as all the friendships that came about as a result of her welcoming me into her community. I'm so grateful for all the kindness she and other weavers have always shown me. I know she loved all of you a lot, and you all loved her. Again...please accept my deepest of sympathies.
"The Sunweavers were some of my first friends here in sl. I found SL at a pretty rough time in my life. Rita helped save my life. I'll always be grateful for that."
"The Sunweavers were some of my first friends here in sl. I found SL at a pretty rough time in my life. Rita helped save my life. I'll always be grateful for that."
Comments came not just from the Sunweaver group, but also from the Relay for Life. Among those that stood out, Sandie (Sandie Loxingly), "So sorry for your loss, Cynthia and all of the Sunbeamers." ϿϮ Kαrmα ϮϾ (mariposa4242 Resident), "My heart goes out to the Sunbeamers."
MamaP (MamaP Beerbaum) would say, "Oh my God, my heart breaks. Rest in peace dear Rita. I can not imagine Relay without her. We continue to fight for her!" Vickie (Vickie Maidstone), "This is so sad, one of the sweetest Relayers I ever met."
Vicki Wildrose (Victab Resident), "I just saw the notice Sunbeamers, so sorry to hear of Rita's passing. " [Bill Wheelwright, "Sad. we will continue to relay until there is a cure." Kitty (Prettykitty Gumbo), "It makes me want to Relay more!! We will miss our dear Rita!! ... My heart goes out to you all!"
Alison Flow, of Roos With a Dream that took part in many events with the Sunbeamers, would say, "So sorry to hear of Rita's passing. She was a wonderful friend of the Roos and a staunch supporter of RFL. Hugs to all who loved her and most of all to the Sunbeamers.♥️"
Selene Jashan, "I so hate to hear this. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do .. Rita will be very much missed as she was an extremely big part of our Community." Duchess Trikassi , "Deepest condolences to Rita's family and the Sunbeamers. Rita was a very big part of the RFL community...she will be missed dearly." Wateru Kohime, "She will definitely be missed. Sending hugs to all the Sunbeamers."
On Discord, Lia (WarbloodCityCancerKickers) would say, " It is with heavy hearts that we, the Warblood City Cancer Kickers, extend our deepest condolences on the passing of Captain Rita Mariner. Rita was a true force within the American Cancer Society in Second Life community, touching countless lives through her kindness, dedication, and unwavering spirit. She will be deeply missed, but her legacy will continue to inspire all who had the privilege of knowing her. Rest in Power, Rita."
This was not all that was spoken. There were numerous smaller comments, and others who felt they had no words to express their sadness
Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:
Post a Comment