14 hours ago
Thursday, July 11, 2013
Press Release: Burn2 Town Hall July 13
Find out how to:
● Volunteer! Soooo much fun stuff to do! Greeters, Builders, Infrastructure, Stage Managers! Join a build team, or make an art car or a porta potty! http://tinyurl.com/2013BURN2VOLUNTEER
● Perform! Sign up to perform on one of the BURN2 stages!
● Teach, Play, Inspire! Poetry to DJing, burlesque to circus art! Bring your amazing talents and creative ideas for events to BURN2! We need you!
● Build a Camp! Purchase a virtual plot and build a camp or give as gift to an artist or friend. http://tinyurl.com/2013plotsales
● Take a Chance! Join the plot lottery, or “plottery,” for a free 512 sm camp.
● Get a Camp Grant! Propose a project, camp, or group for a chance to win a free plot.
● Feed the Burn! Donate to support this amazing event!
YOU make it happen!! BURN2 is solely a resident sponsored and created event. There are no bystanders.
Join us a half hour before each Town Hall for Lamplighters drumming and dancing!
BURN2 CARGO CULT will start on Saturday, October 19th and run through Saturday October 27th, 2013. Camp building starts September 17th. What will you do?
BURN2 is an extension of the Burning Man festival and community into the world of Second Life. It is an officially sanctioned Burning Man regional event, and the only virtual world event out of more than 100 real world Regional groups.
The BURN2 team operates events year around, culminating in an annual major festival of community, art, and fire in October a virtual echo of Burning Man itself.
We encourage you to use the following labels and hashtags when you write about the event: Burn2, #burn2 . We will promote those tags to make it easier for people to find your content.
Want more information? Check out these resources:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BURN2BURNERS
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Burn2.SL/
Regional Page: http://regionals.burningman.com/regionals/cyberspace/secondlife/
Steering Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
BURNING MAN Regional Contact: email@example.com