Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Patio Plasma Ill With Cancer


Patio Plasma, known as Paul Doherty in real life, has hosted some Science Circle events, as well as being part of Science Funday in May, and the director of two Sci-Lands sims, Sploland and Exploratorium. Unfortunately, some sad news was revealed yesterday by the Science Circle and Relay groups: Patio has cancer, and his condition is very serious.

Fellow Relayers some sad news one of the great second life educators patio plasma is in bad condition right now he has been it appears re diagnosed with cancer and is not doing so hot if you never got to see patio's science lectures I have attached a couple 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf1pzgSFf6Q 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xckrPR9O12g 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENM8Wm5_g14  

If u want to reach out to him too here is his Carebridge page https://t.co/l6BOJZxej1 Let show him how much thank him.



I'm Paul Doherty's (Patio Plasma) niece and wanted to pass on the sad news that Paul is at home on end-of-life hospice care.
The Exploratorium has set up this Caringbridge site: https://t.co/l6BOJZxej1
Ellen (Paul's wife) asks that you hold in your hearts your memories of Paul's expansive and positive personality and the joy he finds in sharing adventures with others.
As you may understand, we are devastated by this news but felt it was important enough to share with you.


Jes and Chantal
On behalf of the Science Circle board


The Caringbridge site describes Doherty's cancer as having come back "extremely rapidly and aggressively." It had over a hundred comments from visitors, among them were these:

Paul/Patio:
Every time I see you at the Exploratorium I know I'm going to a) be greeted with a big, beautiful, shining smile, b) see an awesome manicure, and c) learn something new about the world. You wear your humanity and love for life on your sleeve, making all of us who know you better humans in the process.


Paul/Patio
I remember talking to you in May and other times at the Exploratorium and Everything Matters, and I also remember times years ago in Second Life. Rob just sent me news that you are in hospice now. We are thinking of you and appreciating your contagious enthusiasm for science and life. You've done a lot for both and I thank you.


Paul / Patio -- you have been an inspiration. Your enthusiasm for science, and for public outreach, is endless. It was great meeting with you at the Exploritorium this last May, and talking about vision and perception. Things you have done have made it into some of my physics classes and will continue to do so. I wish you the best.

I am not sure what to say. I know Paul only through his work, but I know Patio fairly well. Patio has always been kind to me, and took interest when I would speak to them.  

I know I speak for many of my colleagues from the SLCS cheerleaders in saying that we loved all the time you spent with us. The world today is a tad darker hearing about the fight you are going thru. We wish you nothing but the best and pray for you. You helped in inspire many members of SL to become more active in science in general.

We at the Newser wish Patio Plasma/Paul Doherty well

Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment