14 hours ago
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Announcement: Letter to Santa Contest at Trotsdale
The Library is running a writing competition again finally. This time you can thank Milo as the idea to write letters to Santa was his, and he has generously donated a sizable prize to start the prize pool. Details and instructions are in the attached card. It is open to everyone so feel free to pass a copy to your friends.
Uh oh! Christmas is coming, that goose is looking pretty tasty, there are lights and things going up, undercover elves spying on us all a lot more noticably and not even in stealth mode anymore. It must be time to write that letter to Santa!
1) There is ONE prize. Send in the best letter and you take home the prize.
2) The rating is G. G-rated content only.
3) Notecards must have both your SL LEGACY NAME and your CHOSEN PEN NAME. Display names change too often, legacy names stay.
4) All submissions must be set on full perm notecards and placed in the scroll case drop box on the library table.
5) Copies of this rule card can be picked up from the inkwell in the library table if needed.
6) These entries will be archived on the library forum. They will also be read in a video placed on Youtube for the library's audio archiving. This is why if you don't want your SL Legacy name out there it is important to have a pen name chosen.
Amehana Ishtari and Milo (decitrex) are the judges. If a tiebreaker is needed they will enlist a third judge that is not competing.
The contest prize pool currently is 1,038$L started off with the first donation being ponied up by Milo (decitrex). It may increase depending on any donations received (please send those to Hanaarashi Resident, who is the contest bank account/alt of Amehana Ishtari) or through the pile of books on the library table.
Trotsdale Library: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Trotsdale/22/156/25