Monday, November 22, 2021

Botanica's Thanksgiving Mini Hunt

 

Caught between Halloween and Christmas, Thanksgiving sometimes gets the short end of the stick when it comes to attention. But in Blue Moon, there's a "mini hunt" in the theme of the holiday going on. So I dropped by to take a look.

It’s the one day in the year when Americans who can’t agree on anything will sit down together and agree on what to have for dinner. Enjoy a holiday feast and learn about the Thanksgiving traditions that bring together family and friends in the spirit of gratitude at Botanica’s Café Americana. This is an educational mini hunt with 7 Thanksgiving-themed prizes to earn a Thanksgiving feast for your table. The event runs from November 12th to 26th.

Blue Moon had a wintery look, and the SURL I found took me to a building in a town area with Christmas and Thanksgiving decor, with a few turkeys around, including one walking around. One lady 'bot going about offered me a little cocoa. Stepping inside, the place resembled a small bakery and diner. There were a few tables up front, the nearest to the door I could sit in and get dinner. A smaller one looked like another a couple people could play a game of chess. In the back was a counter full of pies and other baked goods. There were also numerous pictures on the walls, such as American Indians and the classic Norman Rockwell Thanksgiving dinner picture.

Going in, I was handed a notecard, "Welcome Botanica's Thanksgiving Mini Hunt. Begin by finding the painting of the First Thanksgiving, click it,  and then follow the clues." Clicking on the picture, I got a copy, and a Internet link to some information about the first Thanksgiving dinner. There were some dishes that aren't usually part of what's served today. I also got a clue on what to click on next. I had eight things to click on, and the clues were easy enough for me to figure out. So I ended up with eight decorative gifts.

As stated, the hunt goes on to the day after Thanksgiving, November 26.

Blue Moon (196/217/23)

Bixyl Shuftan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment