Friday, December 16, 2022

"The Guild Is Closing," Gacha Guild Events Coming to An End

 
 
 Fans of the Gacha Guild, officially known as The Guild, got some sad news. Yesterday, Thursday December 15, it was announced by administrator Nama Gearz that there would be no more Guild events

With the heaviest heart, I'm announcing the retirement of The Guild. I've taken much time over the past year or so considering the changes in my life and the lives of the rest of the Admin team, and I feel like this past Halloween round of The Guild should be the last.

I want to express my deepest gratitude to all Guild Staff for being absolutely wonderful support and assurance over the years. The events would not have been nearly as magical, nor would it have functioned at all without you wonderful few, so thank you all for sticking with me through each round.

I'd also like to express my thanks and admiration to all the designers and bloggers that have graced the event with their wonderful creations. You all made the event truly special and unique! When (the) Guild started up, the purpose was to create an event to elevate those that had trouble getting exposure and to encourage creators to improve in their craft. I have seen so many of you grow and it makes me so proud to see so many of you absolutely flourishing.

Lastly, I'd like to thank each and every person that came to (the) Guild each year. Your constant support and love for the events are what kept me going and wanting to continue to create. Hearing your stories of exploring the events and seeing it first-hand has always warmed my heart and was my main drive to keep creating them for everyone to enjoy!

That being said, I personally have not lost my drive to create on Second Life. Far from it! But I do wish to pursue different avenues which will only be possible if I do not have the responsibility of hosting/building an event like this, as they each take an immense amount of time, patience, and planning to set up. I truly love building these events and will miss creating these spaces. But everything comes to an end and it's time now for me to change gears and focus on other things in SL and real life as well.

Thank you  for going on this journey with me, and I'll see you around in Second Life.


The Gacha Guild has been going on since at least 2017 when it started having events each October, and in 2019 began having them each spring as well. There would be numerous small stores and/or kiosks around. Occasionally there was a "must have" avatar that sold very well, such as the Chibi Noodle Dragon from the Spring 2019 event. Besides the items, the scenery in itself could be an attraction. At the middle of the month, the "Halftime Hunt" would start, opening new areas and allow players to play a game in which one could get prizes.

About a year and a half ago, Linden Lab announced they would be banning gacha-type machines from Second Life. Despite this great change, it was decided that the event would go on and the event renamed to "The Guild." It is unknown how the change affected sales. 

And so, a yearly event that some looked forward to, in the past to get bargains for items, is now passing into Second Life history.
 
To check The Guild's blog, click here.  To check out it's Flickr page, where the closing announcement is, click here.

Bixyl Shuftan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment