Friday, September 4, 2026

More Tributes to Rita Mariner

 
 
One recalls the expression, "Always the last to know." Well, a few people never got the news Rita Mariner had passed away until they saw the article about her memorial service, "Oh my God! Rita's dead?!" Others would wait to say something until after the goodbye.
 
Rhayne Tungsten would say, after reading the article, "It was a fitting tribute. I'm more upset I missed it. We touched on and off early on when I'd DJ for Nydia (Tungsten) and when I dj'ed at other clubs, including hers. She was also a regular when I had my own club. even after my absence from Second Life for a while, we picked right back up like nothing ever happened. She was a *terrible* flirt, and I can't say it wasn't welcome. Later on, I acquired her cell number, and we texted semi regularly up until the end. Gawds ... I miss her so much.
 
"It's just.... Rita meant a lot ta me. an now she's gone. An there's a hole she used ta fill."

Tantari Kim would comment, "I'm sorry that we lost her. I'm sure it was a big impact to the whole Sunweavers community. I used to be active there but I've had so much on my plate that it has kind of fallen off. But still it is good to know, at least so I can be more supportive of Sunweavers like you."
 
Jessie Vix (DJ Jessie) remarked in the comments at the end of the memorial article, "Bad Wi-Fi kept Me away. I'm just a noob in the Sunweavers as I'm only 5 years old in SL. Rita was one that was too patient with my attempted customizations messing up her land, I broke my parcel many times and Rita would drop by immediately to help. Once it was repaired, we would chill awhile and talk. As I look up towards Cutlass circling my parcel, I swear its Rita and Zorro driving her up there. The music has gone silent there but she still sails the digital skies over Sunweaver Bay, A comfort to one so young who has lost so many already both in real-life and Second Life."
 
Further comments are welcome,
 
Bixyl Shuftan 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment