Wednesday, May 31, 2017

1920s Berlin Project's Eighth Anniversary Celebrations


History fans in Second Life should be happy to know that the 1920's Berlin Project is celebrating it's eighth anniversary. Jo Yardley, who runs the historical roleplay community, made an announcement on her blog.

I can’t believe that it has been 8 years since that evening in 2009 when I opened my club and had our first little 1920s Berlin themed party in a tiny skybox. I didn’t expect much of it, I had only been in SL for a week when I started building and I had no idea what I was doing. But the theme somehow managed to attract the right crowd and within no time a vibrant community of creative, fun, interesting and exciting people started to grow and populate my simplistic pile of prims.

It is impossible to explain how much the 1920s Berlin project means to me and I am always touched and excited to hear that it also means a lot to so many others.

Starting May 30 and ending June 6, there will be celebratory events daily, mostly in the early to mid afternoon, though a few are in the late morning or late afternoon. Tuesday May 30 was the dance under the Brandenburg Gate, followed by fireworks. Wednesday May 31 has children's events. Thursday June 1 includes the food festival with beer, sausage, beer, cheese, and more beer. Friday June 2 will be a celebratory dinner and live music at the Hotel Adlon. Saturday June 3 has the Miss Berlin Beauty pageant. Sunday June 4 has the opening of a new library and art venue. Monday June 5 has a pool party and a showing of the movie "Berlin Alexanderplatz" (1931). Tuesday June 6 is when the normal rules about modern clothing and nonhuman avatars are relaxed (personal note: the only day I can get into the place with my normal look).

There is also a "My Favorite Spot in Berlin" photo contest, with a 2500 Linden prize (second place 1000 Lindens).

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/1920s%20Berlin%20Project/243/224/1929

Source: 1920's Berlin Project  

No comments:

Post a Comment