Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate’s life for me!
Get your pirate on at the “Treasure the Chests” event running through Oct. 31. The event is sponsored by Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Across Second Life.
Stroll along the streets of a Caribbean pirate town and help raise funds for breast cancer research. The sim SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/
Join in the fun events throughout the month, including:
- Think Pink Thursdays: Wear pink and come join the fun from 4 to 6 p.m. SLT as DJ Noel Snowpaw plays the tunes.
- Dance teams from across Second Life will perform 2 shows: 6 p.m SLT, Saturday, Oct. 14 and 1 p.m. SLT, Sunday, Oct. 15.
- Strides Walk from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 21. Registration is now open through Oct. 18 for the walk.
- Survivors & Caregivers Gala from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28
And, if anyone would like to hold an event but needs a venue, we have an event area on the Strides sim. Reservations for use are first come, first serve. To reserve a spot they should contact Leala Spire, Sandie Loxingly or PrettyKitty Gumbo.
Hey, I’d like to help, is there anything I can do?
- Donate a One of A Kind Item for Auction at the Treasure the Chests Gala on Oct. 28.
- Donate a small item to go into the walkers’ gift bags that they will be given after the Making Strides walk on Oct. 21.
- Place a kiosk in your main store to accept donations from your customers. If you have a storefront and would like to donate a portion of your sales of a special item or if you would like to create a special item for the event to sale, with proceeds going to MSABC, you are welcome too!! Just drop your donation in the kiosk next to your shop or the kiosk at the Making Strides Office on American Cancer Society Island.
- You may set items up on Marketplace with a split sell to donate and you can contact Leala or Sandie for more info on this.
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer or MSABC is the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the nation, uniting more than 300 communities to finish the fight. Every breast cancer walk and event is an incredible and inspiring opportunity to honor those who have battled breast cancer, raise awareness about what we can do to reduce our breast cancer risk, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society fight the disease with research, information, services, and access to mammograms for women who need them.
For more information visit MSABC in SL’s page, makingstridessecondlife.org.