Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Reader Submitted: Pony Drivers of SL

 
Great article on the SL Grid Drive.  Enjoyed reading that.  Here is a recent bit from my drive adventures.  Unfortunately I don't have the photos to back this up. Just for your info.

Typically I do the Grid Drive a little later than the group start on Saturday after the Giant Snail races are done. I do it on my own but I see all sorts of other drivers out then. Some I might pass as I am usually pretty speedy. Others might pass me or I might keep seeing them at the stops along the way.

Most weeks, usually at a stop somewhere along the way I'll find the place will packed with what I call the "My Little Pony gang." Last week I arrived at a little outdoor bar where the Nav HUD said we were to sit. There were only about 3 or 4 seats. The ponies were all hippity-hopping and surrounding me on all sides. Must have been 10 or 15 or more, all madly gesturing funny noises and stuff as we approached the bar. Totally mobbed by ponies. They were taking turns on the seats. I decided just to ground sit amongst them which also triggered the HUD to move to the next part. A hilarious crazy few minutes there.

As I pulled out of the parking lot in my sports car. I noticed a bus pull up and sure enough all the ponies were riding that day on a big charter bus and were all hopping back on as I left.  Heh heh.
 
So funny, sure brightens your day when you run into something like that.

Alden Cortes
 

3 comments:

  1. A shame the ponies are all racist bigots from 4chans /mlp/ board

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds hilarious! Great article.

    ReplyDelete