Friday, February 24, 2023

"Dreamer's Virtual World" Blog Taken Down

 
For those readers who check up occasionally on "Dreamer's Virtual Blog," written and owned by Dreamer Pixelmaid, they've noticed a problem. That blog is not currently up.
 
Dreamer didn't take it down. Nor has she left Second Life. She's still around and I had a few words with her the other day in Bellisseria chat. The problem it seems is with Google, who owns blogspot. They took it down.
 
 When I asked her when this happened, Dreamer answered, "February 15th. It's all in that post. I had my blog for 13+ years. I've always had my blogs with Blogger, since they started, and never had any problems. ... I got an email saying that my blog had been removed and blocked because it had been reported for SPAM, and if I didn't agree, I could click a link to ask for a review. I did that on the same day they sent me the email, (on) Feb. 15th. Still waiting." 
Dreamer would also explain the problem on her "notice board." 
 
On February 15th, Dreamer's Virtual World was locked by Blogger. My blog was reported for SPAM. No idea why as I didn't have any ads or anything "spammy" in my blog, but Blogger / Google removes first and checks later. The problem is everything is automated so you cannot talk to a human being. Also, I have a free account so they are in no hurry. There's nothing else I can do but wait.  
 
I don't have access to my blog so I cannot move it to another platform. I don't get money from blogging. I created and maintain my blog to share information and help as many people as I can. I spent so much time and energy, I'm not going to lie, the whole thing has been very upsetting and I'm heartbroken. 

For now, anyone wishing to access her blog can do so through the "Wayback Machine." She also has a Discord server, "Dreamer's SL," and an inworld group, Dreamer's Second Life (Tips&Gifts). As to when her blog will resume, for now all we can do is say it might be tomorrow, next week, next month, or possibly longer.

Stay tuned for further details

Bixyl Shuftan

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post, Bixyl. I haven't heard from Blogger / Google yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Dreamer, hope it gets resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete