Monday, October 9, 2023

The Blues Furs Are Back In SL

 
Some people remember the Blues Furs, musicians who had a love of blues and other forms of music. But last year, they had to put their act on hiatus due to real-life. Recently Joilet Bandit (JBRaccoon), the senior member of the team, contacted me to say the Blues Furs will soon be making music once more.
 
"I am back into doing music sets in SL again," Joilet told me, three days a week, music and live singing I do, three different venues to try and help my hooman friends too." I asked what the three venues were. He answered they were Water Goddess Beach at Palmetta (43/210/21), owned by Whitewolf, one high above the Saoirse sim at (99/79/3939), "my friend Culli's region, and Lone Star County, in the Lone Star City sim at (245/105/23). The last one is Joilet's own location.

The other half of the Blues Furs is Jensen, "We are still a team for the show, with his new job it cuts into when we can do a show but I try my best to work around that." It was brought up that his name had been changed since the Blues Furs started, "He went by Biohazard however due to someone else using the same name and creating lots of trouble. He changed to Jensen to avoid confusion."
 
We ended talking up more about the Blues Furs' home location, which is based on the "Blues Brothers" movie. He send me a screenshot (left), "That's home, and where that photo was taken. And yes, the Chicago PD cars have Illinois Plates and the state car has an actual replica of the state PD plates used back then.
 
Joilet then showed me another, showing one of the police cars from behind, "The car number on the plate is a mismatch but those are hard to get accurate (laugh). That plate number is from one of the actual cars used in the big chase at the end of the movie. Still working on the final touches to my cars for The Blues Furs but almost done there as well."
 
Joilet would say that besides the three events each week, "Gonna also do a special Halloween show the Friday before, with a couple prizes. ... Friday the 27th, I will be hosting a Halloween Party  and if schedules allow, The Blues Furs will make a special appearance (laughter). It's a tossup between Wolf's place or home. I have to discuss with my event coordinator to see what she thinks will be best."

When I asked if there was anything else he wanted to mention about the Lone Star Country location, he chuckled, "That's where we [The Blues Furs] were last reported being, hiding out still hahahaha local PD [LSCPD] is following some leads. I'll get some more pics as I can, I need to check-out the LSCPD cars so we can set them in various places with the ISP. Hehehehe."
 
So the Blues Furs are back and determined to make some fun in Second Life, "especially with a live singing huscoon."
 
Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment