Friday, September 11, 2026

Second Live Universe/Virtualverse Forums Founder, Cristiano Midnight, Has Died

 
Some longtime users of Second Life may remember the old Second Life Universe forums, which were the most used Internet forums dedicated mainly to Second Life outside the control of Linden Lab, that in 2018 changed over to VirtualVerse after a data crash corrupted many of the older forum's files. Both were founded and run by Cristiano Midnight. But it seems there's some sad news. He has passed away, his death on Sunday August 30.

 I'm afraid I have to announce some sad news: I'm informed that Cristiano passed away on Sunday, August 30th 2026.  I've verified this to my satisfaction though I don't have a lot of details beyond that.  You may see his account active from time to time which is family members who have access to it, so know that if you choose to send a message.  If you were close with Cristiano and people elsewhere who knew him, please spread the news. 
 
The news was posted on Virtualverse's Discord, Reddit, the Linden forums, and of course Virtualverse.  
 
The Virtualverse forums, like the Second Life Universe forums before them, were a mix of factual discussion about things and events inworld, and irreverent gabbing with memes. Sometimes interesting, occasionally funny or annoying, they were seldom boring. In 2023, the forums were down for a while following Christiano having health problems in January that year. 
 
It was posted that the Virtualverse forums have until September 20. After that they could go offline any time. There has been some desire by several posters to find a way to keep their community together. It is unclear where they will go besides the Virtualverse Discord. 
 
Rest in peace,
 
Image Credit:  NaluriMurai Lust
 
Bixyl Shuftan 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment