Monday, December 19, 2022

Sixteen Years Ago

 
 
It was December 17, 2006 when yours truly first came to this virtual world. I had just gotten a cable modem, finally leaving the slow "dial-up" behind, and I went to check out two places my online friends were talking about, "World of Warcraft" and "Second Life."

Sixteen years later, yours truly has left Warcraft behind. But still going around Second Life practically every day. Much has changed over time from Lab CEOs to mesh to Bellisseria to the Lab's getting a new owner. But after my first year, a few things have remained the same. I'm still writing away about this virtual world, and I still have a circle of friends that keep me going back in. 

To read more about my first days, check out my 2021 article.

Bixyl Shuftan.

No comments:

Post a Comment