Thursday, December 1, 2022

Bat Masters Retiring From Live Singing

 
 
 Last night, November 30 at Nat's Jazz Club, live singer Bat Masters gave one of his final performances in Second Life, if not the last. He was retiring from performing music due to declining health.

Bat Masters has performed inworld for over a decade, at a variety of venues such as the Lavender Field. He was among the singers who performed over a decade ago in an event to support fellow musician Beth Odets when she was having surgery for brain cancer. For years he played the guitar. But with his nerve disorders, his profile stated that he had Primary Lateral Sclerosis that I was told had advanced to ALS.

There were over 70 people at the venue when I arrived. Linda Sautereau, who owns the club, told me at one point she saw 75, "He's one of the special ones in here. ... he is one of the nicest, kindest and most talented people I've met in SL and I've been here since 2007."

Bat's voice was somewhat rough, but he sang well, the last song being Frank Sinatra's "My Way."

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtainMy friend, I'll say it clearI'll state my case, of which I'm certainI've lived a life that's fullI traveled each and every highwayAnd more, much more than thisI did it my way

At the event, there were many cheers and well-wishes. "We love you Bat!!" "Bat you are one Class Act." "I'm not crying, shut up!" "The entertaining won't cease entirely, but it is an honor to recognize your contributions as you experience a transition of phases most of us can only find unimaginable. Big love to you, Bat." Bat smiled, saying before leaving, "good night dear friends." Over the stream, he would say to his supporters, "Thank you for all you've done over the years."

Wherever Bat goes next, we wish him well,
 
Hat tip: JardenAlexis

Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment