Wednesday, October 16, 2024

A Visit To The Odd Ball

 

 Last week, I dropped by a longtime unique and "only in Second Life" show, the "Odd Ball." Organized by Tuna Oddfellow, these events involve partying in the middle of an animated light show, resembling the inside of a kaleidoscope. The event was inspired by Tuna's appearance in "Second Life's Got Talent" in 2007, appearing soon after. 


While there have been pauses over time, the Odd Ball continues to this day. To see a little of what it looked like in the past check out this video from 2009 (link). 


 There was a surprise this time. I've always known Tuna in his pale skinned look. But this time, he was sporting a melanistic one. He would explain to me that since going mesh, he's been alternating between light and dark
 
The music for this event was done by AthenablueDJ.

One can get notice of Odd Ball events by getting on Tuna's list.

"Still odd after all these years."

Addition: Tuna would message me, thanking me for the article and saying Athena performs every Sunday at 11 AM, "I have learned to create visuals and perform music at the same time. What you were hearing was a live ambient electronic music concert. I have been a musician for many years it's just recently become possible to fuse the two artforms for me. It was also my 7000th day in SL."

Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment