Monday, October 7, 2024

SL Renaissance Festival Concludes, I Pink I Can Continues

 
 
This weekend was the conclusion of the Renaissance Festival in Second Life. Among the events in the sims south of American Cancer Society was at 1PM Saturday when Jaycatt and Frogg performed at the Minstrel Stage. At the event, Jaycatt had a limited edition pet dragon on his shoulder, which people could get for a small donation. 


Elsewhere at the Ren Fest, there were tournaments. I would witness a round of jousting. It was close, ending 5 to 4. 


And of course there was the shopping, at numerous stores. 


While the Ren Fest may be ending, "I Pink I Can" is still going on, in the sims north of American Cancer Society. On Sunday at 1PM was a stage play, "A Child’s Journey Through Cancer: The Musical." It would show "the story of a child’s journey through cancer told in music and dance. It takes us through the fear, joy and hope experienced in a cancer journey." It was done and directed by Patty Flow of "Roos With A Dream," with some of her teammates taking part, as well as other Relayers.
 
Both the Ren Fest and I Pink I Can raise money for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. 

More on I Pink I Can later. The event goes on to Sunday October 20.

Bixyl Shuftan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment