Monday, October 14, 2024

Alexa Linden Leaving Linden Lab

 
The Lindens don't usually announce when someone is leaving Linden Lab these days. But someone who's been a reliable source informed the Newser that Alexa Linden has been laid off by Linden Lab. She gave the news on her Twitter/X account on October 9.
 
Thank you all for the last 17 years! I guess I'm gone! I love you all! (broken heart picture)

Her post was followed by numerous well-wishers, expressing sadness, and some confusion. "What are LL thinking?" "WTF?" "This might legit be one of their worst moves yet." "That makes no sense." To add to the confusion, her message briefly disappeared, leaving new readers to see only responses. She would add that other Lindens had been dismissed, and say, "I guess I cared too much and was too vocal. I don't regret standing up for the product, or the residents."

Alexa Linden joined the Lab in 2009, and has been in a number of events, such as the old "Kiss A Linden," "Bid the Lindens Bald," a Madpea charity event to raise money for a school in Kenya, and others. She's also been credited as coming up with the idea of "Dog Food Day," which was to encourage Lindens to use Second Life more. 

A few days later, Alexa would leave this message:

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, comments, and well-wishes. Seventeen years is indeed a long time, and you're the reason I got up each day and logged in. Second Life was my world for twenty years, providing me with an incredible group of coworkers I now consider family. It introduced me to my husband and filled my days with laughter from your hilarious pumpkin JIRA jokes to the support in fixing my neckline or scripts. I have friends who have always been here for me. Every day was a new adventure.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Bless you Whirly, Jess, & Kyle

Know a company looking for a project manager with my background & passion? I'd love to explore the opportunity.

Be excellent to each other.

You are Second Life


Wherever you go from here, Alexa, we wish you well. 

Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment