Saturday, April 29, 2023

A Personal Change: Upgrading to Mesh

 
 
 Earlier this month, I stated I was working on upgrading my avatar from the DSD Fox that I've had for a couple years, which in turn was an upgrade from the Luskwood fox avatar I had as my main look for over a decade. And with a little, actually a lot, of help from Charlee Amethyst, my new "fox reporter" look is done. There might be a small tweak or two more, but here it is.

Mesh can be quite complicated, at least from my point of view as you often need to fit your avatar to match the clothes, or avatar parts such as digigrade feet. But with Charlee's help came up with a new look, which required getting new pants and a new shirt and jacket. So gone is the green shirt that was a reminder of my Runescape days, the freebie cargo pants, and the camel jacket that I got with my first payment from James and Dana's SL Newspaper. All that's left of my old look is the fedora, with it's press tag later added on made by my late close friend Alleara Snoodle. 

So this will be my new main look. The DSD is still a great avatar, and I'll likely still be wearing it at some themed events. But it had a higher complexity, and showed more lower leg when wearing pants. And the people behind it are no longer active and thus the avie is unsupported. There's also that my new appearance just seems and feels a few years younger.
 
I'll likely be spending some time updating other avatars of mine (with help). But the one that's my image as Second Life's "fox reporter" and "fox news" has been updated.

1 comment:

  1. As long as YOU like it, that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete