Thursday, August 13, 2015

Relay For Life's Team Harmony For Hope's Season End Blowout



Last weekend, Team Harmony of Hope of the Relay for Life in Second Life held their last event for the season, the "Harmony For Hope Season End Blowout."

Hi everybody!  We are planning one last Relay For Life fund raiser to close out this season.  This event is going to start at 6PM Friday August 7 and go straight through to 9PM Saturday August 8.  That's 27 hours of non-stop music with hopefully lots and lots of lindens raised.


I arrived at a lightly attended hour during the music marathon. I was told at the opening hour, there were over two dozen present. Rajun Caijun (cajuntadpole) sand for a smaller crowd, but it was still lively. One girl commented, "One time I asked where Cloey was, and Rajun said she's taking the night off. I said 'ut ohh what'd you do??' Or wait I said 'was it your fault,' he said yes." Another laughed, "I remember." Cloey Bechir narrated the lyrics of the musician's song.


(`'·.¸(`'·.¸?    ?(`'·.¸(`'·.¸?     ?(`'·.¸(`'·.¸?
        Now you're my whole life
        Now you're my whole world
               I just can't believe
          The way I feel about you
:         Like a river meets the sea
          Stronger than it's ever been
     We've come so far since that day
          And I thought I loved you then
(`'·.¸(`'·.¸?    ?(`'·.¸(`'·.¸?     ?(`'·.¸(`'·.¸?

?(`'·.¸(`'·.¸?    ?(`'·.¸(`'·.¸?     ?(`'·.¸(`'·.¸?
    Now you're my whole life
    Now you're my whole world
         I just can't believe
    The way I feel about you
     We'll look back someday
  At this moment that we're in
   And I'll look at you and say
   And I thought I loved you then
 ?(`'·.¸(`'·.¸?    ?(`'·.¸(`'·.¸?     ?(`'·.¸(`'·.¸?

The event would go on for a few more hours. Rajun would be followed by Bandit Eddingham, and a few more musicians afterwards.

Yep still goin over here we are having a great time here with the second half of our 27 hours of non-stop music from some of SL's best live performers, tribute bands and DJ's starting Friday Aug. 7 6PM SLT straight through to 9PM SLT Saturday Aug 8 all to raise as many lindens as possible for Relay For Life of Second Life.


Team "Harmony for Hope" has raised over three million Lindens, or over $12,000 US dollars, the second highest of the Relay teams in Second Life this year.

The event took place in the Audrina sim


No comments:

Post a Comment