Jo Yardley reported yesterday of a "massive griefer attack" on the Caledon steampunk community sims, and other spots on the Grid. The above picture was taken with an SL Go viewer, "With my regular viewer I doubt I would have been able to even take a single step." The picture shows a mass of what one commentator called, "tortured torus prims," whose physics added to the lag.
One of the administrators of the Purrfection sims was called to deal with a reported case of griefing, but it was delt with in minutes.
Jo Yardley suggested the following responses to a griefer attack
- Alert Linden Lab (if live chat support happens to be online…)
- Go to a place in your sim that is HIGH up, most attacks don’t reach very high and with your draw distance set to very low, lag might be a lot less at high altitude, from here you can take further steps without drowning in lag porridge.
- It is a good idea to create a landmark for this spot so you can teleport here from outside the sim.
- In the region/estate window turn off ‘Allow Public Access’, this will remove all visitors and keep new people from arriving, giving you some peace but also keeps the griefers from returning.
- In the debug tab disable everything, this may bring down lag as well and may stop the griefers toys from working.
- Return the griefers objects.
- Restart the region(s).
Judging from the comments, the attacks seem to be over, at least for now.