Friday, October 12, 2012

Protest Art at Art India Gallery

Last week I attended the opening of a most entertaining exhibit at Art India Gallery in Shekhawati which is curated by Quan Lavender.  As I entered there was a protest going on performed by Saveme OH that lasted about 15 minutes. I guess it was fitting.  


Many of the famous artists of SL were in attendance to view and vote for their favorite form of protest art. The participating artists are: Betty Tureaud, CaraMia Quan, Corcosman Voom, Eupalinos Ugajin, Hugo Krell, London Junkers, Noni Abeyante, Pol Jarvinen, Queen Bish, Riali Sandalwood, Secret Rage, Silene Christen and Sisi Biederman. Prices will be given in 3 categories: 3D art scripted, 3D art non scripted and 2D art. The winners will be voted by public votings and a jury, consisting of art historian and art blogger Rowan Derryth, artist and curator Ux Hax, and art blogger and curator Quan Lavender. 

I was impressed with all the art and found several favorites. Nomination of winners will be at November 23. Quan told me, ”I am glad that so many great entries are here. I think the exhibition is really interesting.”  When you visit you are allowed to vote for as many of the exhibits as you like and you can pick up a notecard about the artist. You may want to visit more than once to really absorb the meaning of the pieces. I plan to return. 

Public voting closes November 18 so you will have plenty of time to enjoy. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shekhawati/215/32/35   

Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment