Friday, May 13, 2022

The Fantasy Faire For 2022 Ends

 


Wednesday May 11 was the final day the sims of the Fantasy Faire, the Fairelands, were open to the public. And fans of the Faire were using the time to enjoy them while they could. And they were in avatars of many kinds.


I found gatherings of people at various sims, partying or just chatting and having fun.


I missed out on some of the unofficial events. I never did come across "The Final Ravedown," the blowing up of the Wild West-themed Dasset Town, or "the not so secret Pool Party." I came across a film of the latter by Saraminka Nova, though. 


I would go about some of the sims on my own or with a friend helping them out with the Fairelands Quest. It was still fun taking in the scenery. Sometimes the avatars I came across added to it. 

As always, the builders did a first class job. If the Newser has time, we'll show more pictures I took. But you can check out more in the Flickr page (link). One thing I kept hearing in Fairelands chat, inworld and on Discord, was of how some were so sad to see it all go. But there will be another Fantasy Faire to experience in 2023. In the meantime, there's more fun to be had with the Relaystock this weekend, and the Sunbeamer Air Show next weekend. And next month, the Relay Weekend.

Bixyl Shuftan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment