Friday, January 13, 2012

More on SOPA

Although no one bothered to leave a comment on my article on the SOPA bill in Congress earlier, people had chatted with me about it inworld. One thing that was brought up a few times was "why isn't this on TV/mainstream media?" Finally last night , I saw news briefs on it on CNN, as well as an article on their website when I checked. From what I heard on the TV brief, unlike most other issues in Congress, this isn't a partisan one. Support for the bill was described as roughly 50/50 Democrat and Republican, with at least two candidates for the Presidency (Ron Paul and Michael Bachman) coming out against it).

Time keeps me from writing a larger article, at least for the next few days. Feel free to read this post from Forbes, and this post from New World Notes, the latter concerning the conclusion from the Electronic Frontier Foundation this bill would "jeopardize" Second Life.

Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment