Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Amanda’s Art



I finally made it over to the Mexico Gallery where I heard that there is a wonderful exhibit of real life art brought into SL. The artist is AmandaT Tamatzui, a professional artist in both real-life and SL.

There is such a mixture of styles on the first and second floors of the museum. I was amazed at the variety: Portraits, vivid Abstracts and so much more. One painting asked “Art...what do you really see?” Think of that as you go from painting to painting. One of my favorites I found tucked away on the back of post, a simple white and brown sea shell. 
On the second floor you will find more amazing pieces and be sure to look for some gift pillows adorned with her art and inside one is a most interesting biography of Amanda! It tells her story from her beginnings in Indonesia to her present home in the United Kingdom.  Be sure to grab it. This gallery looks so interesting. I will look for more exhibits there.  
Amanda’s  exhibit will be there for at least two more weeks. Begin your tour of the gallery here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ometeotl/99/207/33
Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment