Friday, May 30, 2014

Second Life 11th Birthday Preparations


The SL11B is fast approaching though it seems far away yet. 

The roads are down on all the sims. Stages are in progress. The auditorium is awaiting programs. The builders are waiting to enter. Yesterday I went to my training session for Exhibitor Assistant. Diana Renoir gave the training again this year. This will be my third year as an EA as we are called. Our job is to help the builders get settled on their plots and have the “tools” they need to do their work in the sims. We give them a slice of cake which contains all their information to make life easier for the next few weeks before the opening of the sims to the public. 

The builders are most grateful to the EA’s throughout the next weeks because we can set their streams on the plots, put a landing point for them and a texture of identification of their plot. I took some pictures at the training session so you could see some of the people you may meet on the sims . I enjoy being in the sims during the building to witness the growth of the installations . 

One thing I know, although I will spend time there in the next month before and during the event I will never get to see everything there is to see. The past two years have proven that to me. It is impossible!! There will be so much to explore on all those 11  sims. So I am warning you now to save more than one day to come during the public weeks. You really don’t want to miss all the sights, and freebies, and parties do you? 

Keep an eye on the blog and check out those great videos and get ready for fun! 
http://slcommunitycelebration.com/


Gemma Cleanslate



(click here if the video fails to play)

Editor's Note: Today (May 30th) is the day the SL11B sims open to exhibitors. Stay tuned for sneak peeks of the builds (exhibitors contact us if you want your build in the paper).

No comments:

Post a Comment