Monday, February 22, 2021

RFL Team Sunbeamers Hit Platinum At Start

 

 The Relay season is on! The Kickoff was on Saturday (more on that later), and among the teams is the Sunbeamers. The team of the Sunweaver community, the "beamers have been a top-performing team, last year making the top ten teams in terms of Lindens raised. And this season, they hit the ground running. As the team has been raising money since the end of last season, they started out at 255,050 Linden dollars in their kiosks. And so, right off the bat, the Sunbeamers were at Platinum fundraising level. And as a picture provided to the Newser showed, started out in the lead. 

As the weekend went on, Grove Country Club Estates also reached Platinum and took the lead. A look at team totals shows most teams are still at Bronze level or below. This includes some yearly heavy-hitters, such as the Relay Rockers and Team ACTS. But the number of teams in Silver and beyond will quickly grow as the teams hold various events. Those holding events include the Sunbeamers with their first Moon Dance later this week.

Those wishing to donate to the Sunbeamers can use the kiosk at Club Cutlass at Sunweaver Bay (114/117/757).

And for yours truly, the season started having to own up on a certain promise right away. Five years ago, I challenged the team that if they ever reached Platinum Level fundraising, I'd go pony for a week. Since then, I've gone about in an odd look for a week when it happened. For a time, it was one I never went about in public before, the most remembered of these being the "Rita clone." But as time has gone on, I've been running low on options I've never done before, such as going pink and pantsless. So this year, I'll be a tiny Dinkie fox for a week.

The Dinkie Fox isn't sold as is, but is a mod of the Dinkie cat made by Missy (terris Graves). As I haven't installed this kind of mod before, I needed a little help from Missy herself. But as you can see, the job was done. And unlike my other tiny fox, this one can wear a jacket and pants. As before, my "out" is when obviously on Newser duty such as doing interviews. And finally on Saturday the 27th, I'll be back at my usual height.

Go Sunbeamers! Go Relay!

Middle image credit: Spooked Dreamscape

Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment