Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day



You have been my friend for such a long time
I am going to miss you, in every way
Feelings can not express my loss
My life has changed today
All of the things we used to do
All of the things we had planned
All of the childhood dreams
Have all gone away
I am going to miss you, in every way
My life has changed today
The laughs, the tears, the beautiful smiles
The times we spent together, miles and miles

All of the things I have ever thought
All of the things I have ever forgot
Come to mind now, like a dream from the past
They race through my mind way to fast
When I think of you, when I wish of you
I remember the things we used to do
My fondest memories, my childish dreams
All bring back my love for you

What is left for me to say
What is left for me to do
You left me way too soon
A void like an empty room
I wish I could change the past
Make some things different
Make some things last
I am going to miss you in every way
Feelings do not express my loss
My life has changed today
If I could change some things
If I could change my life
I would make sure to say
I love you, I do, I do, I do

You are such a part of my life
And now you are gone
Taken away like a whisper
Taken away in a breath
Taken away for eternal life
Never to die
But forever to live
In a place of happiness
In a place of love
In a place to rest
A new place called home above

May you find peace
In all of your days
And comfort in all of your ways
I will miss you so very much so
I am going to miss you in every way
My life has changed today

"Miss You", Megz Xevious. 2004
Picture taken at Veterans Isle

No comments:

Post a Comment