Our annual multi-region inworld birthday shopping event is coming back this summer, and we’ve just opened up the new application form for merchants who want to participate!
The SL18B Shop & Hop event, to be held June 17th through July 1st, is the official multi-region shopping event of the 18th annual Second Life birthday celebration (SL18B). This event brings together many of the top merchants across SL for exclusive items and discounts on some of the best creations in Second Life.
Merchants wanting to take part in the event are asked to fill out a form (link). Among the guidelines:
* All items displayed and/or advertised in the store MUST be for sale at the Shop and Hop for the duration of the event.
* Merchants are required to have at least a 20% discount on ALL items, including gachas.
* Merchants are required to provide a new and exclusive, for the duration of the event, non-group gift.
* Stores are highly encouraged to limit themselves to 3 gachas. Gacha resellers will not be permitted.
* Items need to be appropriate for a moderate audience and adhere to the Linden Lab ToS.
* Content should not contain or reference political issues or figures.
The participants' set-up time is June 9-13. The Shop and Hop itself will run from June 17 to July 1.
Also, exhibitor and performer applications are no longer being accepted after today, Monday May 10. Originally, the deadline for both was Friday May 28. Applications for volunteers are still scheduled to be accepted until May 28.