Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Club Gearz Moves to Steelhead Bay



When the Steelhead community held their first town meeting in their new home of Steelhead Bay last Tuesday, March 21, one matter brought up was the relocation of Club Gearz from Caledon. The theme was agreed upon as "New Beginnings." And on Friday night March 24 at 7PM, the club held it's first event in the sim.


A number of people showed up. Most were Steelheaders, but some were friends, notably from the Relay for Life. Fuzzball Ortega, acting as the DJ, whipped out "The Hair," and played a number of tunes, including what's become the unofficial song of Steelhead: "This is Home."

I've got my memories
Always inside of me
But I can't go back
Back to how it was
I believe you now
I've come too far
No I can't go back
Back to how it was
Created for a place I've never known

This is home
Now I'm finally back to where I belong
Where I Belong
Yeah, this is home
I've been searching for a place of my own
Now I've found it
Maybe this is home
This is home 

For the Steelheaders, it was a reminder that at last, they had found their home in the virtual world.

Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment