March 9 at 10AM PST
by Budd Turner
- When a person dies, their digital footprint persists.
- Digital providers assume ownership of Intellectual property (IP) created on their servers.
- Family and workgroup attempts to archive or maintain deceased works are blocked.
- We worked within system permissions shared by the creator.
- We tested possible workarounds
- We contacted providers for account/work access
- Limited Copy, Move, possible
- Edit (update), Delete, not possible, without creator account access.
- Providers reluctant to discuss or allow access to deceased work,(IP).
- Advance planning needed for adding Trusted Friends and/or family member access to digital accounts in Trusts and/or Wills
- Everyone needs to learn provider policies and legal requirements for establishing a “Legacy” path of transfer of ownership.
- Passing your digital footprint when you can no longer login
For more information, Click Here
The Science Circle (61/127/32)